Monday, 23 January 2012

Getting Started - Connectivism & Connective Knowledge - #CCK12


Hello! My name is Joanne Kaattari and this is my new blog for the course "Connectivism and Connective Knowledge 2012

This is my second course in the University of Manitoba's "Emerging Technologies for Learning" program. I am deeply interested and involved in new learning technologies. I work in adult literacy where lifelong learning is highly valued.

From what I’ve read and observed so far, this course will involve a lot of experiential learning. Yes! That is my absolute favourite way to learn, especially with technology. 

Here are (hopefully!) all of the links I need to keep me organized for this course:
 



4.    Registration page / link to daily email / aggregation of the course discussions: http://cck12.mooc.ca/cgi-bin/login.cgi?action=Register

5.    Diigo account: http://groups.diigo.com/group/cck-12

6.    During week 1, we met on Blackboard Collaborate at: http://bit.ly/AkAx2g


8.    My course blog: http://road2learn.blogspot.com/

Our regular weekly session to explore the weekly readings and content will be held on Thursdays at 7 pm Manitoba time. I'm disappointed about the Thursday timeframe, as that is the one day of the week I'm not available due to a volunteer commitment at my church. I'll have to try to do some juggling so I don't miss the Thursday sessions.

I've learned a lot already, including Diigo (I had only used Delicious previously) and what MOOC means (Massive Open Online Course) but I still need to figure out how to link this blog to the class RSS feed. However, as they say, Rome wasn't built in a day! I am really looking forward to this experience of group learning!
Joanne

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne, it's nice to meet you! I'm a fellow CCK course member :) I just wanted to say thanks so much for posting the google group link, I hadn't found that yet and was beginning to wonder. All the best and I'll be seeing you round the web no doubt! -Anne-Marie (PS I'm at amecarey.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne - love your attitude on this! The course is different...and will be overwhelming at times. it takes time to make sense of the structure, the many conversations, and to "unlearn" the expectations of order and coherent structure that we're all used to in traditional courses. From experience with other learners in the past, once people have made it through the first few weeks, the course organization starts to make a bit more sense...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting Anne-Marie and George. And Anne-Marie, thanks for sharing your blog link. I really enjoyed reading your blog. Though at first I put in one letter wrong in the URL and the blog of a love-lorn teenage girl came up instead of yours! What a difference one letter makes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola. Me encantó tu post. Este es mi primer curso de conectivsmo, espero aprender mucho y establecer nuevos contactos. Saludos

    ReplyDelete