Hello! My name is Joanne Kaattari and this is my new blog for the course "Connectivism and Connective Knowledge 2012"
This is my second course in the University of Manitoba's "Emerging Technologies for Learning" program. I am deeply interested and involved in new learning technologies. I work in adult literacy where lifelong learning is highly valued.
From what I’ve read and observed so far, this course will involve a lot of experiential learning. Yes! That is my absolute favourite way to learn, especially with technology.
Here are (hopefully!) all of the links I need to keep me organized for this course:
1. Course syllabus and weekly readings: http://connectivism12.wikispaces.com/ AND http://cck12.mooc.ca/cgi-bin/login.cgi?action=Register
2. Orientation resources: http://connectivism12.wikispaces.com/Orientation_Resources
3. Google Groups: http://groups.google.com/group/cck12?hl=en
4. Registration page / link to daily email / aggregation of the course discussions: http://cck12.mooc.ca/cgi-bin/login.cgi?action=Register
5. Diigo account: http://groups.diigo.com/group/cck-12
6. During week 1, we met on Blackboard Collaborate at: http://bit.ly/AkAx2g
7. During week 2, we will be meeting on Elluminate at: https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/launch/meeting.jnlp?sid=2008104&password=M.9D02C4469B0C9783A1C6E60A6CD262
8. My course blog: http://road2learn.blogspot.com/
Our regular weekly session to explore the weekly readings and content will be held on Thursdays at 7 pm Manitoba time. I'm disappointed about the Thursday timeframe, as that is the one day of the week I'm not available due to a volunteer commitment at my church. I'll have to try to do some juggling so I don't miss the Thursday sessions.
I've learned a lot already, including Diigo (I had only used Delicious previously) and what MOOC means (Massive Open Online Course) but I still need to figure out how to link this blog to the class RSS feed. However, as they say, Rome wasn't built in a day! I am really looking forward to this experience of group learning!