Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Next Steps in #CCK12

Joining Google group = check / Setting up Diggo = check / Setting up a blog = check / Participating in the Elluminate session = check / Setting up the RSS blog feed to the Daily = check (hopefully!). Whew! Lots of set-up, lots of time, lots of mistakes, lots of learning!

Now I’ve just set up my Twitter account called @Road2Learn: https://twitter.com/#!/Road2Learn

Keeping track of user names and passwords is going to be hard. Especially since I have home and work social media accounts as well. Can't someone super-clever like Google or Apple or Mark Zuckerberg find an easier way to integrate all this????

One observation so far – I’ve really enjoyed the initial class discussion on the closed Google groups. It seemed to be a supportive, helpful, interesting group of people with many diverse backgrounds and interests. With the group being closed and fairly small (20 people) it doesn’t feel intimidating to post.

To me, visual images greatly enhance learning, so here is picture I took last summer in Nova Scotia. It expresses my sentiment so far for this course.


Joanne

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne,

    I'm trying to make everyone's life easier so that our community can share and discuss ideas around a hub. I'm donating the use of my server to host a forum for all Change MOOC participants. I've also added a site wide ATOM feed to the Change MOOC aggregator. The forum's here and all MOOCers are welcome to join: http://forum.matbury.com

    All the best,

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might like to try this, Joanne:

    https://browserid.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Matt and Weaver. I will try both!

    ReplyDelete